- To make the community aware of the benefits of having 24/7 monitored CCTV in reducing crime in the greater Milnerton Ridge area.
- Through the Neighbourhood Watch Committee & its Members, raise the capital required to provide & service the CCTV network project
- To unite the community around the benefits of having one Security provider for Milnerton Ridge, namely Crime Watch SA
- Develop a program of Vlei and street patrols, to promote a strong NW/CW presence in the area. * This will be done within the SAPS Guidelines and knowledge, and carried out by volunteers only.
- Market the Neighbourhood Watch so we can get all Milnerton Ridge residents involved and aware:
Anyone entering MR must be immediately aware that there is a very strong NW operating in the area
- Market CW as the area’s preferred security supplier;
- Collaborating and partnering with big business – obtain sponsorships.
- Address the issue of displaced people: work with the MRRA, city council, ward councillors & CPF to resolve before becoming established;
- Work with the MRRA to address the vlei and general maintenance in suburb & organizing to have litter and vegetation cleared, verge cleanliness and any other initiatives;
- NW Signage and branding – visibility to public and community.
- Ambassador – Representing and upholding the objectives and values of the MRNW;
- Communication – Facilitating a close working relationship with the CPF and other security entities (Best practices);
- Partnerships & creating a working relationship with the neighbourhood;
- Collaborating and partnering with big business.
- Door to door/Paddocks/events/canvassing drives to recruit new members;
- Establish a working relationship with Crime Watch to recruit new members;
- Recruitment for camera projects.
- Create a neighbourhood where residents are proud to live, care for their community and enjoy being involved;
- Unite/bring together neighbours on a social level (fun day, clean-ups, courses, classes, competitions);
- Breaking down barriers to feel part of a community;
- Provide easy ways/platforms for neighbours to interact and communicate with each other (FB, webpage, WhatsApp, e-mail).